Updated: Jul 23, 2019
Thank you for indulging me so far. It is now time we take action. So you have decided to break all patterns, cravings and disorders related to food. Let me get straight to the point on how to make it a reality for you. I am going to share exactly what worked for me and what challenges I faced and how I succeeded.
Nirahara Samyama is comprised of 22 days split over 3 staged levels
- Level 1 is 2 days
- Followed by 1 day break
- Level 2 is 7 days
- Followed by 1 day break
- Level 3 is 11 days
Q. What do I need before starting?
A. Please buy Haritaki powder (natural herb powder made from fruits of Harad, available in general stores in India and on Amazon in US). This will help cleanse your system of toxins during the program and restore general health. This is very important for your Nirahara success.
Q. What exactly to do during the program?
- Liquid Diet: During the days of the three levels (2+7+11=20 days), you will have only liquid diet. The rule is relaxed during the 2 break days. Apart from the duration, there is no difference in the three stages.
On all 22 days, you will be doing the following three steps:
- Meditation (At least 7 minutes, 21 minutes preferred): Breath in through both nostrils and mouth and hold the breath as long as you comfortably can. While holding the breath, visualize you are full of energy (use what ever visualization you have for energy here - white light, electricity etc.). Then exhale from nose and repeat.
- Mantra (108 times): This can be done internally (silently if you can't disturb others) or vocally (preferred). Try to find a rhythm with your breath and you will be able to do it easily and quickly. The mantra is "Om Hreem Nithyanandaya Namaha". This is to quieten the inner chatter of the mind and to create intense energy in your body mind system by remembering the Source (Guru).
- Haritaki: Take one teaspoon of Haritaki powder (Terminalia Chebula) with water every night before going to bed (start with 1/2 teaspoon in the beginning as your body may need time to adjust).
Q. What Liquids can I have?
A. This will include Water, Milk, Juices, Light Shakes, Soups, Thin Lentils, Thin Porridge, Tea/Coffee. Take as much as your body needs. You have to keep your stomach full. The rule is not to have anything which requires chewing or grinding using the teeth. I even had yogurt drinks and melted ice creams :)
Q. What else do I need to know before I start?
A. You are about to fight a big battle with the enemy within - your own mind. This is a formidable enemy because it knows all your weaknesses, soft spots and exactly where it hurts. As you deny yourself chewing, your mind will come up with million logical conclusions why you should eat right now. When that happens, don't engage with the mind and try to fight it. During Nirahara, your mind will be like your mother-in-law, the more you try to fight it, the more it will secretly plot revenge against you. Disengage from the mind (and your mother-in-law) and simply go and drink something until you feel full again.
Q. What is the secret to success?
A. It is all about the mind. I would say success with Nirahara comprises of two magical ingredients that we all carry as sentient beings:
1. Awareness - Be aware as much as you can about your thoughts and sensations from your body. As soon as you find your mind fighting you, go and drink something quick. Do not use will power, use awareness. Connecting to the Guru through the Mantra is a vital practice for increasing Awareness.
2. Preparation - Declare to your spouse, family and friends about your intentions so they can support you. Even better if a family member or friend can do it with you. Create a support system. Most of us work in offices. Think ahead which liquids are easily available when in office or where ever you spend your day. Is there a juice or soup place close by? Can you carry some liquids with you? Always keep liquids at arms length.
Original Source Website for Nirahara - Nirahara has benefited thousands of people across the globe. Please visit the original website below for more resources and in depth knowledge on Nirahara.
I wish you best of luck in your journey to Enlightenment. By Guru's grace, I will see you there.
Mastery in servitude,
Reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions.
"Man Jeetai Jag Jeet." - Japji Sahib (Sikhism)
Translation: By conquering your mind, you can conquer the world.